Any person living in Delhi in need of a hair transplant would take into consideration the cost of the procedure. Most people would put weight on it as a key factor in deciding whether they want to go in for the surgery, or not. It needs to be affordable. The general view on hair transplant is that it is overly expensive, with no chance of fitting a budget. However, most people miss that fact the hair transplantation is, in fact, quite cheap.
It starts anywhere from Rs. 30,000/- and goes all the way to Rs. 1,00,000, depending on the different factors affecting the price that most clinics take into account before naming a price. This base cost is especially to cater to a large number of urban youth in their 20s and 30s, who are going bald due to stress, poor diet, and pollution.
There a few factors that most hair transplant clinics in Delhi, India consider before quoting you a price. While the base cost is usually set at around 50,000 – 60,000, the following could affect the price to a large extent:
1. The number of follicular units you require specifically.
2. The price goes up depending on how thick and voluminous you want your hair graft to be.
3. Your present rate of hair loss will be counted as an important factor.
4. The number of sittings you require to be done with the procedure.
The cost of hair transplantation could vary from city to city over India, as the pricing ranges for the surgery fluctuate based on location. Here are some approximate figures to help you decide the appropriate pricing for you:
• Mumbai – Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 1,35,000 (An average of Rs. 37 per graft)
• Bangalore – Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 1,15,000 (An average of Rs. 33 per graft)
• Chennai – Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 100,000 (An average of Rs. 33 per graft)
• Delhi – Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,20,000 (An average of Rs. 38 per graft)
• Nagpur – Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 90,000 (An average of Rs. 27 per graft)
• Hyderabad – Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 (An average of Rs. 35 per graft)
• Pune – Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 (An average of Rs. 38 per graft)
• Kolkata – Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 (An average of Rs. 43 per graft)
Apart from these, the price of a hair transplantation also varies depending on the type of surgery method involved. FUE(Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT(Follicular Unit Transplant) are differently priced surgeries, as they are distinct procedures with their own methods, advantages, and disadvantages.
They are both well-tested and foolproof, so neither of them should worry you too much. They each have their own nuances. In both cases, hair follicles are removed using advanced technology from a ‘donor’ area and are placed on the balding area, to stimulate hair growth in that area.
Whichever one you decide to go for, it will be ensured that you keep a full head of hair for the rest of your life. Just make sure that the doctor is reputed, and that his costing fits your pocket!
Tarun Rao is an article author at Radiance Cosmetic Centre. He loves to write new and creative articles related to health and hair.