Back acne, or bacne, is one of the most unpleasant skin problems out there. Not only does it look unappealing, but it also becomes a major inconvenience when you have to wear certain types of clothes or have to carry a backpack around all day. And while there are a lot of factors like hormonal changes, dietary changes, and sebum production, which can influence and worsen bacne, treating it can be quite simple.
Following, I have put together a list of 5 home remedies that can help treat back acne and keep it from damaging the quality of your skin.
Best home remedies for back acne treatment
1 – Apple Cider Vinegar for Back Acne
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent ingredient when it comes to treating skin problems. The vinegar helps balance the pH levels of your skin, preventing breakouts. It also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help soothe the skin and heal acne. To use apple cider vinegar for back acne treatment, follow the steps below:
- In a spray bottle, combine 2 tablespoons of ACV with 1/2 a cup of Water.
- Spray this solution onto your back before you go to sleep.
- Alternatively, you can spray the solution and leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Repeat this every day to notice results.
2 – Oatmeal for Back Acne
Oatmeal is a gift that keeps on giving. Not only is the ingredient perfect for all skin types, but it helps absorb the excess sebum from your pores, cleaning them from within and getting rid of dirt and toxins that cause acne. But wait, there’s more- it does not just help heal and prevent acne, but it also fades old scars. To find out how to use oatmeal to get rid of back acne, read the steps below:
- Grind 6 tablespoons of plain oatmeal.
- Add half of the ground oatmeal to a freshly drawn, warm bath and pour the remaining half into a clean sock. Tie the sock to close its open end.
- Soak yourself in the oatmeal bath for about 30 minutes while occasionally squeezing the sock in the tub to replenish the oatmeal.
- Repeat this at least twice a week.
3 -Sea Salt for Back Acne
Sea salt is effective against acne as it helps absorb excess oils and it curbs bacterial development. However, you must keep in mind to use sea salt and not table salt as table salt contains iodine which can worsen an acne problem. To use sea salt for back acne treatment, follow the steps below:
- Add 2 cups of sea salt to a freshly drawn bath.
- Soak in it for about 30 minutes.
- If you have dry skin, step out of the bath and moisturize. People with oily skin can skip this step.
- Repeat this every day to help heal the acne on your back. If you have really bad bacne, you can repeat this method twice a day.
See Also: benefits of charcoal soap for skin
4 – Aloe Vera for Back Acne
Aloe Vera is a very useful anti-acne ingredient. It contains antibacterial, antiseptic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties which help soothe and heal your back acne without any side-effects.
- Cut open and Aloe Vera leaf and scoop out the gel with a knife or a spoon.
- Blend this gel to get it to a smooth consistency.
- Apply the gel to your back twice a day for a week to see noticeable results.
5 – Honey for Back Acne
Applying honey to the acne-prone areas of your body can help soothe and hydrate your skin while also killing off bacteria. when back acne treatment is concerned, all you need to use raw or Manuka honey to get the best results. Follow the steps below to use honey for back acne.
- Dab some raw/Manuka honey onto the affected areas.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
Back acne can be problematic, but a little extra care can go a long way in restoring your skin’s health to make it smooth again. Have you tried any of these back acne treatments yet? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.